I have a UITableView that show a long list of data. Use sections and follow the sugestion of http://stackoverflow.com/questions/695814/how-solve-slow-scrolling-in-uitableview .
The flow is load a main UITableView & push a second selecting a row from there.
However, with 3000 items take 11 seconds to show. I suspect first from the load of the records from sqlite (I preload the first 200). So I cut it to only 50.
However, no matter if I preload only 1 or 500, the time is the same.
The view is made from IB and all is opaque.
I run out of ideas in how detect the problem. I run the Instruments tool but not know what to look.
Also, when the user select a cell from the previous UITable, no visual feedback is show (ie: the cell not turn selected) for a while so he thinks he not select it and try several times. Is related to this problem.
What to do?
NOTE: The problem is only in the actual device:
- iPod Touch 2d generation
- Using fmdb as sqlite api
- Doing the caching in viewDidLoad
- Using NSDictionary for the caching
- Using a NSAutoreleasePool for the caching part.
- Only caching the row ID & mac 4 fields necesary to show the cell data
- UIView made with interface builder, SDK 2.2.1
- Instruments say I use 2.5 MB in the device
UITableView Animation Headache
1:iPhone OpenGL ES incorrect alpha blending
CREATE INDEXSQL command..